- Love nature and wish you could get out and enjoy it more?
- Want to learn more about the wildlife and environment around you?
by our trained experts this 8-week program will be delivered through engaging
walks, talks and activities around your local nature spots.
- With different themes each week, you can learn about the trees, birds, pollinators and wildlife hotspots right on your doorstep.
- Engaging with nature has shown to improve both physical and mental wellbeing, this course will follow a set of core themes in the 5 ways to well-being:
- Introduction to the health and well-being benefits of connecting with nature in the city, wherever you live
- How to build nature into your everyday life
- Where to find the wild spaces across Birmingham and the Black Country
- Explore – through wildlife walks, discovering locally accessible spaces to encounter the natural world
- Learn – hands on learning about different environments including woodlands, meadows, canals and ponds
- Give – protecting local wild space by volunteering and practical conservation activity
- Take notice – how to be mindful in nature
- Be active – fitness through the walks and volunteering activity
- Connect – how to stay connected with nature and ways to join other groups locally
This is a FREE 8-week get Active in Nature Course for local Walsall residents that want to get out of the house, meet new people, get active and enjoy and learn about nature. This program is designed to be nature friendly. If you would like to be involved please contact Gareth at Gareth.email@example.com or call 0121 523 0094. Sessions will run on Tuesday mornings starting 03/09/2019
Content published and promoted by Willenhall Liberal Democrats all at 23 Lynwood Close, New Invention WV12 5BW